Fastening regimes with multiple screws and high-speed production can lead to processing errors, torque failures, missing parts, and compromised quality. Solving fastening problems is about controlling variables or eliminating potential risks that create an unwanted fastening event. Mistake proofing is the quickest path to zero defects and serves as a critical enabler for efficient manufacturing.
Error-proofing the complete tightening process improves the quality control process for manufacturers by decreasing the number of defective products pulled from the assembly line, reducing the risk of liability from product failures in the field.
Learn 5 key error-proofing assembly process techniques by attending our 45 minute webinar. If you are unable to attend in person. all materials will be made available after our session on February 25th. Register today to receive your invitation and our recording after the event.
What You Will Learn:
- Why an improper fastening process can cause tightening failures
- Why is it essential to torque fasteners in the proper sequence
- Ways to implement error-proofing process
- Tactics for programming and monitoring various parameters of the tightening process
- How to detect cross-threading, omissions, unfinished rundowns, and cycle incompletes
- How to use visual sequence guides to display drawings or photos
- Best practices for error-proofing the fastening process and tightening sequence to help reduce product liability